Dear Didion Families,
Here are some important reminders and updates:
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Back to School Night is tomorrow night! Here are all of the important details:
- TK, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade please plan to attend from 5:30 – 6:35
- Kinder, 1st, 2nd, 3rd,7th, and 8th grade please plan to attend from 6:25 - 7:30
· Community Announcements for all parents and staff will be from 6:25 – 6:35 on the blacktop.
· To reduce crowding inside of the classrooms, when possible we ask that students do not attend the class presentations. Students may be outside, however.
· We will have Live Scan fingerprinting services available for parents and family members who are interested in volunteering and need to get their fingerprinting done. Live Scan representatives will be here from 5pm to 7pm. Fingerprinting via this opportunity costs $67 (cash or credit).
· Middle school students will be selling pizza, root beer floats, chips, and other assorted drinks, as well as COUPON BOOKS to raise money for the annual 8th grade Catalina field trip. (Cash only for the food and treats. Cash or Venmo for the coupon books. )
Paper copies of the LCFF applications were included in the First Day Packets. Parents may also fill out LCFF applications online. LCFF applications help to determine how much funding our district, and Didion, receives. Please help us secure the resources that we need by filling out the very brief application. Only one per household is needed.
This year, our annual Fall Fest will be on Saturday, October 7th from 3:00pm to 6:00pm!! We’ll have exciting new games, a variety of food trucks, and concessions. We’re also introducing a Haunted House!! Follow this link for more info and to buy items like unlimited games & bounce house wristbands. Remember to also bring cash for fun on-site purchases. Also, please consider signing up to volunteer to help make this event a success!
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL BALLOT
Our School Site Council (SSC) is composed of school staff and parents, and meets regularly and is tasked with developing the content of the School Plan for Student Achievement, commonly referred to as the SPSA, each year. The SSC identifies priority goals, including proposed expenditures, funds, and resources allocated to carry them out, and reviews and updates the SPSA annually. This year, our SSC has four open parent seats and we are working on the ballot for voting. If you have interest in being included on the ballot, please email me by Tuesday, September 19th. Also, feel free to find me tomorrow night at Back to School Night if you have any questions.
TRAFFIC AND SAFETY REMINDERS
Please remember that the school side of Harmon Drive between the two teacher parking lots is all a loading zone during morning drop off and afternoon pick up times, and cars should not be left unattended. Also, do not make u-turns across traffic in the morning or afternoon as this maneuver is unexpected and can be dangerous to oncoming traffic and pedestrians.
Lastly, a friendly reminder that pets are not allowed on campus. We love our furry family members who walk our students to or from school, but please make sure they wait patiently outside of the gates with you for your children.
Visit and bookmark/subscribe to our school calendar online for the most up to date information about Didion events. Here is a review of what is coming up:
9/13 — Back to School Night
10/3 — Fall Picture Day
10/7 — FALL FEST, 3pm – 6pm
10/18 — PSAT 8 (8th Graders Only)
10/27 — Middle School Dance, 3:30pm-5:30pm, Gym
11/1 — PTA General Meeting, 5:30pm, Cafeteria or Zoom
11/3 — Grade 7 & 8 Minimum Day (End of 1st Quarter)